Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pizza-Style Stuffed Zucchini

I definitely adore zucchini.  I think I could seriously eat it every day when it's in season because there are just so many delicious things that you can do with it! I've made spicy zucchini quesadillas, Greek sytle zucchini pita pockets, open-faced zucchini sandwiches, zucchini bread,...the list goes on and on!  This week, however, I'm re-making a delicious recipe that I've tried once before: pizza-style stuffed zucchini. (And I made a double batch for my lunches this week)

Pizza-Style Stuffed Zucchini
(adapted from Green Lite Bites)

  • 1 medium-large zucchini
  • 4 TBSP tomato paste
  • 1/2 pkg. reduced fat feta
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp Emeril's Essence
  • Penzy's Pizza Seasoning (topping--amount to your liking!)

Preheat the over to 425°F.

Hollow out your zucchini to make your "zucchini boats." I just use a regular spoon to do this, but you could also use a melon baller or something like that.

Chop the scooped out zucchini into small pieces and then combine with the feta, tomato paste, and spices.

Divide the mixture into your waiting zucchini boats and sprinkle with the pizza seasoning.

Cook the zucchini for 25 minutes or until they achieve your desired softness! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...