Anyway, what I’m trying to get to, really, is the delicious pasta dish that I made tonight–that happens to be vegan. And *gasp* the hubby liked it. He even said he’d eat it again!
Creamy Avocado PastaAdapted from Oh She GlowsIngredients:
- 8 oz. brown rice vermicelli
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 2 “dashes” of salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine in the EVOO, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor. (Or, if you’re me, the 3 cup food chopper that you own) Blend until well-mixed
- Add the avocado and basil. Blend again until creamy. Add a few dashes of salt and blend some more. Use a spatula to get some of the stuff from the bottom up and blend some more!
- Drain your pasta, add the sauce, and enjoy!